PASO ROBLES, Calif. – The Paso Robles Wine Country Alliance (www.pasowine.com) announced tickets are now on sale for the Annual Paso Robles Wine Festival, the marquee wine tasting event held along California’s Central Coast, May 15 – 17, 2009. The weekend brings winemakers and enthusiasts together in two distinct events — Friday RESERVE and Saturday Grand Tasting. The 27th Annual Wine Festival features culinary enhancements complementing the region’s wines, as well as a new Wine Country Auction featuring unique Paso Robles wines only available at Friday’s RESERVE event.
“RESERVE features wines in three categories, library, reserve, and barrel samples. A new Wine Country Auction is the perfect enhancement giving attendees an opportunity to bid and take home top tier auction blocks,” said Stacie Jacob, executive director of the Paso Robles Wine Country Alliance. “These auction items are not available through commercial outlets and include special blends, large format bottles and lifestyle packages exclusive to Paso Robles Wine Country.”
Paso Robles Wine Country comes together for the Saturday Grand Tasting where more than 90 area wineries showcase the diversity of wines found throughout the Paso Robles American Viticulture Area (AVA). Festival goers will experience Paso Robles Wine Country in the quaint, downtown park located in the town square of the Paso Robles community. At the demonstration kitchen, attendees will hear from local chefs as they share their secrets of sourcing local ingredients through 30 minute demonstrations. Samples of Hearst Ranch Beef and California Lamb will be prepared at the outdoor grilling station, guaranteed to send mouth watering aromas throughout the park. Take a walk through Artisan alley to taste locally grown products from olive oil to cheese and unique artisan products from the local region. Wine Seminars, being held throughout the day, give attendees insight to the distinct and different wines of Paso Robles and complete the festival experience.
Tickets — All wine tasting ticket packages include unlimited wine tasting and a commemorative tasting glass made by Riedel.
* WINE AND GOLF – $300 – Friday Golf Tournament – 7:30 a.m. registration; Friday RESERVE event – 4 – 6 p.m.; Saturday – 1 – 5 p.m. Advance purchase only.
* RESERVE – $125 – Friday RESERVE event – 4 – 6 p.m.; Saturday – 1 – 5 p.m. Advance purchase only
* PREMIUM – $75 – Saturday 1 – 5 p.m. Advance purchase only.
* FESTIVAL – $55 – Saturday 2 – 5 p.m.
* LOCALS ONLY – $45 – Saturday 2 – 5 p.m. – Available to San Luis Obispo County residents, advance purchase only, deadline April 30, 2009.
* DESIGNATED DRIVER/CHILD $15 – Saturday 1 – 5 p.m. – four free non-alcoholic beverages, commemorative beverage container and entry to event area.
* CAN HARDLY WAIT PASS – $10 discounts on RESERVE, PREMIUM and FESTIVAL ticket levels will be available until February 28, 2009. Discount does not apply to WINE AND GOLF, LOCALS ONLY or DESIGNATED DRIVER/CHILD tickets.
Tickets may be purchased online at www.pasowine.com. Photo identification verifying age will be required at time of entry. All tickets are limited, advanced purchase is highly recommended. In addition to these events, wineries offer an array of individual events throughout Paso Robles. Free parking from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. will be available at the Paso Robles Event Center with shuttles operating to and from the event site.
Paso Robles Wine Festival Events:
* May 15 – 17, 2009 – More than 110 area wineries will host special activities throughout the weekend including winemaker dinners, food pairings, cooking classes and winery and vineyard tours to complete your Paso Robles Wine Festival Weekend. Events and times vary. Visit www.pasowine.com or pick up an event brochure for more information.
* Wine Festival Golf Tournament – Friday, May 15, 2009 at Hunter Ranch Golf Course. Check-in and registration begins at 7:30 a.m. Visit www.pasowine.com for more information.
* RESERVE – Friday, May 15, 2009 at Paso Robles Downtown City Park 4 – 6 p.m. Held on the eve of the Paso Robles Wine Festival, winemakers gather to pour their exclusive library, reserve, and barrel samples and features the brand new Wine Country Auction.
* Paso Robles Wine Festival – Saturday, May 16, 2009 at Paso Robles Downtown City Park 1 – 5 p.m. More than 90 wineries will be on hand to pour during this unlimited wine tasting event.
The Paso Robles Wine Country Alliance represents wineries, growers and businesses in Paso Robles Wine Country. Centrally located between San Francisco and Los Angeles, along California’s Central Coast, Paso Robles Wine Country is California’s fastest growing wine region. It encompasses more than 26,000 vineyard acres and more than 200 wineries. For more information, visit www.pasowine.com